Hyoyeon: Side Braid and Wavy Hair
POSTED IN Hair Tutorial, Hyoyeon


You Might Need:


Hot Tools Professional Gold Tapered Curling Iron $39.99
Allows you to make either to make tight or looser curls. It is designed with Hot Tools Pulse Auto Heat Control which senses heat loss and regenerates heat instantly.
click here to buy.


got2b Smooth Operator Smoothing Luxury Mousse $5.99
It is a non-greasy mousse. It smooths frizz and fly-aways and it also holds your hair firmly.
click here to buy.


Sally Hershberger Plump Up Thickening Mist $12.50
It makes your hair feel thicker, bouncier, and softer. It also protects hair color and from the damaging effects of heat, sun, and pollution.
click here to buy.



1. Brush or comb your hair to remove the tangles and apply the got2b Smooth Operator Smoothing Luxury Mousse to your hair.
2. Part your hair diagonally, leaving 80% of hair on one side and the remaining 20% on the other.
3. Clip the the 20% section of your hair to keep it out of the way.
4. Start rolled-braiding the front portion of the thicker side, make sure that it is weaved closely to the scalp.

*How to do rolled-braid:

a. Divide a 1 to 2 inch wide section at the hairline of the loose side into three sections. Lay the left section under the center section and pull taut. Lay the right section under the new center section and pull taut to start the French braid.
b. Gather a 1/2-inch to 1-inch section of hair into the wide section, and pass the entire section under the center. Each time you pass the hair under the center section, you should be incorporating additional inch-wide pieces of hair so that the braid cleaves to the scalp rather than being detached. Keep braiding until you reach the nape of the neck. Secure the French braid with a hair tie.
c. Remove the hair ties from the French braids and comb the unbraided hair together to blend and smooth.
d. Divide the unbraided hair into three sections. Fold the left side over the center and then the right side over the center until you reach the end of the strands. Secure the end of the large rolled braid with a tie.

5. Remove the clip from the 20% section of your hair.
6. Apply the Sally Hershberger Plump Up Thickening Mist to the free section of your hair.
7. Using the Hot Tools Professional Gold Tapered Curling Iron, curl the free section of your hair by taking 1 strand (it should be 1.5 inches thick) and wrap it around the curling iron.
8. Hold it for a few seconds tightly, then release.
9. Do steps 7 and 8 to the rest.

Post a comment
Please Log in to comment.
  1. Xeraphin ·

    Thank you SOSHI STYLE. SO much. I will need this for my first day of college. I’m so thankful someone has simplified this for a hair illiterate like me. <3